Advanced Learner Loan
The Advanced Learner Loan is a government funded loan to help learners pay their tuition fees.
It is easy to apply, does not take your household income into account and does not involve a credit check.
To see if your course is eligible to be funded by an Advanced Learner Loan, please contact us.
What are the key facts?
- Repayments are linked to what you earn and not how much you borrowed.
- You pay back your loan (plus interest) when you finish your course and earn more than £25,000 a year. Your repayments will stop if your income drops below £25,000 a year.
- Your annual repayment amount will be 9% of any income you earn over £25,000, so your monthly repayments would be:
- £15 a month – if you earned £27,000 a year.
- £37 a month – if you earned £30,000 a year.
Am I eligible?
If you are aged 19 or over and want to study A Levels, an Access to Higher Education Diploma, or a Level 3 to 6 Vocational Qualification, you will need to pay the cost of your course.
If you are still not sure whether the loan is suitable for you, take a look here:
Brockenhurst College cannot accept responsibility for external websites.
Is there anything else I should know?
- You will not be eligible for a loan if you have already taken one to complete the same type and level of qualification.
- If you are aged 19-23 and are applying for your first Level 3 qualification, this may be free. Please contact us to check your eligibility.
- If you are taking out a loan for an Access course, you will not have to repay it if you then go on to complete a Higher Education qualification.
- Loans are available irrespective of your current employment status and will not be means tested or subject to any credit checks.
Watch this film to find out about how Katrina, Jodie and Geoff used the Advanced Learner Loan to fund their studies.