Do you want to work in business? Perhaps see yourself as the next Peter Jones or Deborah Meaden.
If that sounds like you, then don’t miss this opportunity to acquire a comprehensive grounding in all things business-related.
Indeed, this course gives you valuable insights into all financial aspects of commercial and non-commercial organisations. As a result, you will develop and learn to apply a wide range of skills.
You will also develop your understanding of the quantitative methods businesses use to research and measure future objectives and actual performance. Furthermore, you will discover how business issues are interrelated
Why choose Brock for Business A Level?
At Brock our Business tutors have extensive business and financial experience in some of the world’s best known companies like Shell, Cartier and HSBC.
Each one is passionate about bringing this dynamic subject to life using real life examples of businesses that you will already know about.
We also organise enterprise-related fieldtrips to some major commercial operations. In the past these have included Disneyland Paris, BMW and Ikea.
Teaching & learning
This learning opportunity is designed to give you a critical understanding of organisations, their markets and their external environments.
It provides a valuable insight into all financial aspects of commercial and non-commercial organisations. As a result, you will learn to develop and apply a wide range of skills.
You will also discover that business activity is an integrated process where decisions made in one area will have an impact on other areas.
- Explore different concepts of what business is and why businesses are created, giving you a well-rounded understanding of a variety of business forms.
- Examine the world of business focussing on management and leadership to appreciate the main drivers in business.
- Learn to assess the financial strengths and weaknesses of different businesses.
- Assess decision-making in relation to marketing, operations, finance and human resources.
- Become more skilled and knowledgeable in evaluating the strategic positions of different businesses.
- Acquire a deeper understanding of how to manage strategic change, helping you see things in greater context.
Minimum entry requirements
Five GCSEs at grade 4 and above to include:
- English Language grade 5
- Maths grade 5
What can I do with this qualification?
Business A Level is accepted as an entrance qualification for a wide variety of courses in higher education.
It has a particular relevance for those who wish to take degrees in Business Studies, Banking, Accountancy, Retail Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing and Finance.
The knowledge and experience you develop will also lead to transferable skills that are valued by employers in most industries.
Brock has been absolutely brilliant in preparing me for my future, I feel happy and confident. My tutors are all so supportive and there is a really friendly atmosphere.
overall a level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C