International Foundation year in Business and Finance
Type: Full Time
Awarding Body: Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire
This course is specially designed for international student whose first language is not English. It will provide you with extra academic support to help with admission to undergraduate courses. It will help you develop an understanding of key business and finance-related concepts. You will learn to apply this knowledge in a real world
context and are encouraged to read the business and financial press to broaden your subject knowledge.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Analyse current issues and trends based on contemporary theories and concepts.
- Use concepts in both case-study and real-world business scenarios.
- Critically evaluate business strategies, objectives and techniques.
- Identify and utilise appropriate business and finance tools.
- Present balanced discussions and solutions to real-life scenarios.
- Confidently use the required skills of academic reading, listening, speaking and writing.
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
Choose from a selection of modules, each worth 40 credits.
Your choice will be based upon your academic background and your intended degree programme. You will need to gain a total of 140 credits to successfully complete the course.
You will be assessed through a mixture of regular coursework and assessments during and at the end of each module.
Successful completion of the course guarantees you a place at the University of Reading, home of the internationally renowned Henley Business School.
Students may progress to a large number of universities, including Kingston Business School, London, one of the largest business schools in the UK.
Available Dates and Locations
Please contact us to register your interest for the next available start date.