This learning opportunity is designed to give you both sporting knowledge and enhanced practical ability by covering all the most important areas.
These areas comprise anatomy, physiology, sports psychology, sports coaching, sports nutrition, and technical and tactical sports understanding.
This course is particularly suited to you if you are looking for a hands-on sports programme that can take you into employment, an apprenticeship, and higher education, in areas such as sports coaching, sports development and sports management.
Sport Level 3 Extended Diploma?
At Brock we are fortunate to have first class learning facilities for all forms of physical education.
These comprise: a fully equipped gym and fitness studio, 25 acres of playing fields, a floodlit full-size artificial turf pitch for hockey and football, a floodlit 5-a-side artificial turf pitch, floodlit all-weather courts for netball and tennis, and brand new purpose-built changing facilities.
In addition, we run six different sports academies and all our teachers are specialists in their areas.
Teaching & learning
You will learn though a well-balanced range of methods, which combine practical skills with theoretical learning.
Your lessons will take place in classrooms; however, you will also use our full range of college sports facilities, both indoor and outdoor.
Importantly, we have excellent relationships with local employers in the sports and leisure sector. This means you will be able to secure additional work experience to help broaden your experience.
Information & support
The Sport Level 3 Extended Diploma is studied over two years and is equivalent to three A Levels.
Minimum entry requirements
Four GCSEs at grade 4 and above to include:
• English Language
We also welcome applications from students who have successfully completed our Health, Fitness & Exercise Instruction Level 2 Diploma.
- Develop your theoretical and practical knowledge of sport.
- Study the principles of sport and performance to enhance experiences and overall sports performances.
- Work on your sporting performance in order to become a more accomplished athlete.
- Learn about anatomy and physiology issues that are relevant to sports performance.
- Enhance your understanding of the role psychology plays in sport.
- Analyse ways of treating and preventing injury in sport.
- Develop your ability to lead and coach sporting activities, which is one of the key skills employers want to see.
- Complete work experience in a chosen area like sports coaching, PE teaching, sports development or sports leadership.
- Benefit from our partnerships with leading sports and exercise organisations.
What can I do with this qualification?
This course will prepare you for apprenticeships, employment, or higher education in sports coaching, physical education, fitness instruction, sports development, sports management, and sport and exercise science.
Past students have gone on to top sporting universities after completing this course. In fact, continuing on to higher education is a very popular choice.
Dates & Locations
LocationBrockenhurst College - Main Site
Date & time
09/09/2024 to 31/07/2025
The Sport teachers here at Brock always make me feel comfortable and engaged in my studies. Facilities here are outstanding, helping ensure a quality learning experience both inside and outside the classroom. My course can open up a wide range of sporting opportunities, and I am particularly interested in sports journalism as a career.Sport Level 3 Extended Diploma