Facilities at Marchwood
- Realistic facilities to complete real world assessments in the most suitable environment possible
- State of the art electrical test classroom with assessment bay areas
- Carpentry workshop for site carpentry and bench joinery
- Comprehensive range of power tools and woodworking machinery
- Mig and arc welding bay for practising hand skills
- Dedicated classroom for marine upholstery
- Dedicated electrical section with radars, GPSs and batteries
- Eight outboard engines
- 20 petrol and diesel inboard marine engines
- A speed boat and a sailing boat for students to take apart and rebuild
We also offer…
Secure parking – Plenty of FREE secure, floodlit parking right outside the training facility.
Hot food and drinks – A comfortable refreshment area offering hot food and snacks run by friendly staff.
Types of course available at Marchwood
Students aged 14-19 taking a vocational Construction or Marine course will mainly be based at Marchwood in order to utilise the outstanding specialist training facilities.
Whether you are already working in a trade or looking to learn a new skill, you’ll find a wide range of courses for adults at Marchwood.
Focus on a career area of your choice, train on the job and be paid as an employee, whilst also studying for a nationally recognised qualification.
Pre-cadetship in Maritime Technologies (Engineering Pathway) Level 2
Young people aiming for a career in the fast-moving world of commercial shipping can study our engineering-focussed Pre-cadetship in Maritime Technologies course.
The programme provides a unique split between practical and theoretical lessons and incorporates additional qualifications such as the RYA Powerboat and the RYA First Aid at Sea awards.
Pre-cadets will benefit from industry-awareness visits to ships and shipyards, giving them real-world insights into the commercial shipping sector.
In addition, they will have access to modern ship simulators thanks to our longstanding relationship with Solent University, which is well-known both nationally and internationally for its maritime learning provision.
Sixth Form Open Events
- There are no events coming up. Please check back soon, events added regularly.
Click to view all events view all events
Marchwood Marine & Construction
Unit A5A North Road
Marchwood Industrial Park