Facilities at Marchwood
- Industry-standard facilities for a realistic assessment environment.
- Modern electrical test classroom with assessment bay areas.
- Carpentry workshop for site carpentry and bench joinery.
- Comprehensive range of power tools and woodworking machinery.
- MIG and arc welding bay.
- Marine upholstery room.
- Electrical section with radars, GPS units and batteries.
- Eight outboard engines.
- Twenty petrol and diesel inboard engines.
- A speedboat and a yacht.
You can also benefit from…
- Our cafeteria with its hot and cold food and drink.
- Our FREE, secure, floodlit parking area.
Types of course available at Marchwood
If you are a student aged 16-19 taking a Construction or Marine course, you will be based at Marchwood.
Whether you are already working in a trade or looking to learn a new skill, you can find a wide range of courses for adults.
You can focus on your chosen career, earn while you learn, and come away with a widely recognised qualification by selecting an apprenticeship.
Pre-cadetship in Maritime Technologies (Engineering Pathway) Level 2
Young people aiming for a career in the fast-moving world of commercial shipping can study our engineering-focussed Pre-cadetship in Maritime Technologies course.
The programme provides a unique split between practical and theoretical lessons and incorporates additional qualifications such as the RYA Powerboat and the RYA First Aid at Sea awards.
Pre-cadets will benefit from industry-awareness visits to ships and shipyards, giving them real-world insights into the commercial shipping sector.
In addition, they will have access to modern ship simulators thanks to our longstanding relationship with Solent University, which is well-known both nationally and internationally for its maritime learning provision.
Sixth Form Open Events
Click to view all events view all events
Marchwood Skills Centre
Unit A5A North Road
Marchwood Industrial Park