Do you want a successful and rewarding career in business? Well this course could be the catalyst that helps you achieve your ambition.
You will learn about many different areas within business, which will give you ample opportunities to progress into a business-orientated role when you leave college.
This study option will open your eyes to different careers within the business sector, and can open doors to higher level study opportunities including university.
It will also help give you the knowledge, skills and awareness to set up your own enterprise.
Business Level 3 Extended Diploma?
At Brock you will learn from teachers who have wide industry experience. This means they can give you unique real-world insights that you simply won’t get from a textbook alone.
During your studies you will have the opportunity to undertake practical projects, giving you the kind of hands-on experience employers want to see on your CV.
You can also take advantage of our good working relationships with a range of employers, including: Waitrose, Tesco, and Lush.
Teaching & learning
You will learn through a variety of approaches. These include: direct teacher input, case study assignments, simulations, role play, personal research, class discussions and team activities.
You will also have the opportunity to plan and run a business event. Furthermore, you will be encouraged to carry out your own research within a supportive and constructive teaching framework.
Minimum entry requirements
Four GCSEs at grade 4 and above to include:
• English Language
- Explore different kinds of businesses in order to gain a broad view of what the business spectrum comprises.
- Create a marketing campaign to help you gain essential marketing skills and knowledge.
- Organise and coordinate a live business event to gain valuable practical experience.
- Learn how visual merchandising is used to promote the sale of goods, and assemble your own live visual merchandising display in a retail outlet.
- Discover the skills needed to set up and run your own business and prepare a business plan for your idea.
- Study the principles of leadership and management to obtain insights that are valued by employers.
What can I do with this qualification?
Many students progress into higher apprenticeships or gain permanent employment. For example, past students have secured higher apprenticeships at KPMG.
This course can also form part of your route into higher education, usually university but in-house qualifications as well.
In addition, you may progress towards gaining professional qualifications such as those offered by various chartered institutes like the Chartered Institute of Marketing, for example.
Dates & Locations
LocationBrockenhurst College - Main Site
Date & time
09/09/2024 to 31/07/2025
I really like the way my course is hands-on and practical, with lots of opportunities for applied learning. For example, we organised a charity Christmas cake sale at college that was well attended and made a profit. My teachers all have business backgrounds, which helps me develop the mind set I need to do this as a career.Business Level 3 Extended Diploma