Equality & Diversity
We believe in treating people equally and with respect; this means treating people as individuals.
Our Equality & Diversity Committee is made up of three task groups who meet regularly to review policies, carry out impact assessment and organise student led promotions and events.
- Giving opportunities to all
- Providing access to education, training, services and facilities
- Taking positive action to address imbalances or under-representation
- Celebrating differences and promoting diversity
- Refraining from using language or behaviour that might cause offence
- Valuing each individual and their unique circumstances
- Accepting that each person has their own set of personal circumstances, backgrounds and cultures
- Ensuring that individuals do not experience discrimination or harassment as a result of these