Help with funding
Advanced learning loans
Advanced learning loans give you access to financial support for tuition costs. This means that rather than having to pay for your course at the start, you can pay with a loan from the Student Loans Company.
You will only start to repay the loan once you have left the course and are earning over £21,000 a year.
If you take out a loan you will not have to repay it if you go on to complete an HE qualification.
If you are aged 19* or over you will have the option to:
- Pay the course fees personally.
- Have an employer/sponsor pay the course fees for you.
- Apply for an advanced learning loan to cover the complete cost of the course.
Advanced learning loans are for anyone who is:
- Aged 19 or over at the start of the course.
- Studying at Level 3 to Level 6 in further education or training.
- Resident in the UK.
- You will not be eligible for a loan if you have already taken one to complete the same type and level of qualification.
- If you are aged 19-23 and are applying for your first Level 3 qualification, this may be free. Please contact us to check your eligibility.
- If you are taking out a loan for an access course, you will not have to repay it if you then go on to complete a higher education qualification.
- Loans are available irrespective of your current employment status and will not be means tested or subject to any credit checks.
For more information about advanced learning loans and how to apply, please visit:
“The teaching and support staff have offered help whenever we need it. There is a lot of peer support in class too and a real sense of community. I left school with no GCSEs, and gaining a place at university seemed almost impossible; however the Access course has opened up the opportunity for me to achieve that goal.”
Amanda Ronald – Access Course
How to apply for Access courses
Print & complete an application form then post to:
Adult Education Team
On receipt of your application form we will contact you to arrange an interview