Access to Higher Education
You can obtain the academic credit and the study skills you need to enter university and succeed on your chosen degree course thanks to our Access to Higher Education Diplomas.
Education has the power to transform lives, and our Access courses exemplify that, providing a route into university for adults without the right formal qualifications or traditional academic backgrounds.
Our Access students are an exceptional group of people who are both motivated and determined, and at Brock we match that commitment by pledging to provide dedicated and experienced teachers.
We understand returning to education can feel like a big step. That is why we give you specialist pastoral support to ensure you make an easy transition back into the classroom.
Small class sizes, a focus on study and academic writing skills, a dedicated Access Progression Advisor, and strong links with local universities, make Brock the perfect place to take your first step towards your ideal career.
You will also meet like-minded students and enjoy being part of diverse and supportive classes as you develop into a confident self-directed learner.
Importantly, successful completion of an Access course will demonstrate to universities your ability to change path through hard work and determination.
So make the most of your talents and discover a route into higher education as well as the career you want.
How long does an access course last?
Access courses are usually completed full time over one year but by agreement may be taken part time over two years.
We offer flexible timetables to enable you to fit your study in around your existing commitments, and facilities such as onsite childcare are available if required.
How can the course be funded?
If you are aged 19 or over you will have the option to:
- Pay the course fees personally.
- Have an employer/sponsor pay the course fees for you.
- Apply for an advanced learning loan to cover the complete cost of the course.
What is Advanced learning loan?
Advanced learning loans
Advanced learning loans give you access to financial support for tuition costs. This means that rather than having to pay for your course at the start, you can pay with a loan from the Student Loans Company.
You will only start to repay the loan once you have left the course and are earning over £21,000 a year.
If you take out a loan you will not have to repay it if you go on to complete a HE qualification.
Who can take out an Advanced learning loan?
Advanced learning loans are for anyone who is:
- Aged 19 or over at the start of the course.
- Studying at Level 3 to Level 6 in further education or training.
- Resident in the UK.
- You will not be eligible for a loan if you have already taken one to complete the same type and level of qualification.
- If you are aged 19-23 and are applying for your first Level 3 qualification, this may be free. Please contact us to check your eligibility.
- If you are taking out a loan for an access course, you will not have to repay it if you then go on to complete a higher education qualification.
- Loans are available irrespective of your current employment status and will not be means tested or subject to any credit checks.
For more information about advanced learning loans and how to apply, please visit:
How to apply
Print & complete an application form then post to:
Adult Education Team
On receipt of your application form we will contact you to arrange an interview