Are you looking for a course that will enhance your employability whilst giving you experience of other cultures? Then what are you waiting for? Spanish is the course that will improve both your CV and also your personal and professional horizons.
Spoken by 470 million people across 22 countries, Spanish is one of the fastest growing languages on the planet. This means learning Spanish will lead to many fulfilling travel experiences and possibly overseas job opportunities.
Your Spanish teachers will work with you to develop all aspects of your Spanish. These includes: pronunciation, accent, grammar, emphasis and clarity of expression.
Why choose Brock for Spanish A Level?
At Brock you will benefit from being taught by native Spanish speaking teachers who have experience as external examiners.
You will also receive individual, personalised support from our Spanish language assistant.
Furthermore, you will have access to a variety of resources in our ultra-modern language laboratory, which will help you tailor teaching to your exact needs.
All these things together will develop your overall communication skills, paying you dividends when visiting a Spanish speaking country for work or pleasure.
Teaching & learning
You will learn using a variety of methods including: group work, debates, role play, independent work and interactive listening activities.
Because we believe learning a language should be like learning a whole culture, we use authentic materials such as Spanish books, texts, films and music.
In addition, you will immerse yourself in Spanish culture by discussing news and current affairs from Spanish speaking countries. This knowledge is particularly useful if you participate in a Spanish exchange programme.
- Improve your Spanish oral and comprehension skills, giving you enhanced abilities in speaking, reading, listening and writing.
- Explore the festivals, music and traditions of Spain and Spanish-speaking countries to gain a broad appreciation of Spanish culture.
- Learn and research the media in Spanish-speaking countries and their influence.
- Investigate the evolution of Spanish multicultural society and its social issues, giving you a clear insight into Spanish life.
- Learn about Spanish politics and history, helping you understand its impact on today’s society.
- Research and learn about Spanish-speaking authors and artists through literature and films, helping you improve your literacy and essay-writing techniques.
Minimum entry requirements
Five GCSEs at grade 4 and above to include:
- Spanish grade 6
- English Language or Literature grade 6
If you do not have GCSE Spanish, we may accept prior experience such as living in a Spanish-speaking country or using the language regularly.
What can I do with this qualification?
Spanish is increasingly valued by employers because it shows you have a wide cultural experience as well as other transferable skills.
This explains why 96% of our students were either in employment or further study within six months of leaving. Moreover, nearly 75% were working at a professional or managerial level.
Please note: choosing to study Spanish does not limit you to a job in languages. On the contrary, it can actually increase your employment opportunities.
I attended Modern Languages open days at Oxbridge colleges to develop my knowledge and learn how to make a successful application to a Russell Group university.
overall a level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C